About Us‎ > ‎

Our History

In 1934, St. Charles was established as the first parish on the southeast side of Albuquerque. Central to the life of the city, it quickly became the “mother parish” to the entire east side of town. For over 78 years, St. Charles has been a multicultural Italian, Hispanic and Vietnamese community. With its rich religious history, St. Charles looks forward to continuing to serve as an educational, cultural and spiritual wellspring for New Mexico.